Friday, July 26, 2019

It's time to introduce myself

If you're from one of my social media outlets, you kind of know who I am. If you stumbled across my blog, then you're probably like- another blog, yippee.

I know, I feel the same way about some blogs. But, I want to connect with people. There are a few blogs that I get excited when they launch a new post. I hope to become one of those. So, I guess if I want people to connect with me, I need to make myself transparent. 

Let's get to know me! (Or as well as you can get to know someone on the world wide web!)

1) My name is Francise Michelle, but I have always been called Shell. My first name is pronounced Frances; however, people butcher the pronunciation all the time. My own parents have never even called me that. So, it's a pointless name.  

2) I am a mom of three boys. My oldest is Nicholas or I call him Nicky. He just turned five and he'll be starting kindergarten in the fall. My middle is Dominic or Dommy/Domma-romma. He's my wild child and the one who's going to put me in an early grave. He beat death from his careless "grandmother" on his dad's side. He had to be narcaned 3 times and thank sweet baby Jesus, he is perfectly okay, happy/healthy and now SAFE. My older two have the same dad. He's thankfully not around and in prison. Where he will be for some time. (I'll leave this for another blog, another day) Lastly, my baby Ian or Essa as everyone knows him. These are the keys to my heart. 

3) I am a newlywed! I got married in May to my best friend and soulmate, Ian. We met each other in the strangest place- jail. Who would have thought? I worked on the night cleaning crew, and he worked night laundry. He saw me through the glass doors. (Talking to the opposite sex in jail is a BIG no-no) He thought I was pretty even though my hair was grown out. (Black roots and blonde ends. Girl, I was a M-E-S-S!) He added me on Facebook when he got out, and when I came home I accepted it, and we started talking. Romantic, huh?

4) I pretty much am a professional college student at this point. I have been in school steady for the last 10 years. I went to school for Nursing, Business Management, Cosmetology school, and now where I finally found my niche, Communication Media with a double major in Marketing. *claps and whistles* for your girl right here. 

5) With number 4 being stated, I work from home as an influencer. My double major has been helping me with this career choice, and so far it has been rewarding! I am more than willing to share any tips and tricks that I can! Education is KEY! It is crucial on delivery and execution. 

6) Organization is my best friend. I live in a planner. If it's not written down, it's not going to happen. With school, work, emails, packages being delivered, and deadlines- it is CRUCIAL to stay on top of things. 

7) I am a fur-momma. His name is Xanax, but we call him Xan/Xander for short. The name is a silly one, and the explanation will be saved for another time, to leave you guys coming back for more. I love him more than anything. He's the prince of our castle. He likes to fight birds and skunks through our laundry window. (He has an ego problem- but don't we all?)

8) As you read above, I was in jail. I spent almost a year there, with the remainder of my sentence (3 months) on house arrest. Let me tell you, I would have spent the rest of my time in jail. House arrest is hard. Not being able to walk out your door, or into your yard- it's hard. Not being able to go sled riding (it was winter) is hard. When you're in jail- all you have is time. On the 'outside', all you have is time that you need to utilize. I'll save this for a different day.

9) The above fact leads me to the next segment. I was a drug addict. I battled my demons, and I won. I am thankful each day for another chance. I used to pray for death. Now, I pray for life. When I get to wake up each morning, there is someone who just took their last breath. From my addiction, I have learned to be humble. I am not one of those who believe that I am a "recovering" addict. I recovered. I won. If you beat cancer, are you still a recovering cancer patient? This hits many different places for people. Many don't agree with me, but you know what? That's okay because I don't agree with them either. 

10) I started this blog because I wanted to help people. I wanted to connect like I said above. One of my downfalls is that I am a people pleaser. I have been trying to move into focusing on myself. I have been practicing more self-care, and recently got into yoga. 


So, those are 10 little blurbs about me. I want to get to know my readers! Leave me a fun comment about you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Binge Worthy Shows on Netflix & Hulu

My TV is constantly on. You would think, "Yeah, she's a mother." Wrong, it's background noise and something I get sucked i...